We love low carb/keto mug cakes! They allow us to satisfy our sweet tooth without all the unhealthy ingredients! This mug cake can be kept simple or you can toss in some extra goodness. 🙂
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon erythritol
- 4-6 drops stevia
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Measure out 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or butter and place in the microwave for 30 seconds. If you are using coconut oil add a pinch of salt. It is not needed if you are using salted butter.
2. You will now add in your sweetener. You can use the stevia and erythritol or just 1 1/2 tablespoons of erythritol. I prefer the blend. Also, add in your 2 tablespoons of cacao powder. Stir.
3. Add your coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, and vanilla. Stir
4. Lastly, stir in your egg. Mix the ingredients until as smooth as possible.
5. Add ins….we love to toss in some Lily’s chocolate chips and 3-5 raspberries!
6. Microwave for 75-120 seconds depending on your desired texture and microwave power.
7. Finally, let it cool for a minute and add on whipped cream or coconut whipped cream if you are like me and can’t have dairy!
I can make a couple of these in ten minutes and then I end up with happy faces like this one! 🙂